Showing Up Is 80% of Life
It’s easy but it isn’t
The 80/20 rule has been around for some time.
I’m sure you have heard it before a few times. 80% of your success comes from 20% of what you’re doing.
In the business world, this means that 80% of the profits come from 20% of the products.
Let’s take Mcdonald's, for example. This might not be true, but let’s say they make more money on chicken nuggets than anything else.
80% of their profits come from that one item, while every other item on the menu combines for the other 20%.
All companies and individuals have some form of this rule in play.
Everyone has their bread-winning trait or product they see to gain the most of their success. Every other piece plays a supporting role. In life, this is no different.
It just so happens to be that in life, 80% of your success comes from showing up and doing the work.
Your skill level, how much money you have, and any other factor you can think of account for the other small piece of your success.
If you don’t show up in the first place, you can’t be successful at anything. You won’t be able to show off how good you are if you are never in the room.
If you are terrible at something but want to be better, you need to be in the room. You need to show up and put in the work to be successful at what you do.
Whether you are good or bad, you need to show up.
This is the secret to achieving success in life. Actually, it’s not even a secret.
As I said earlier, you most like have heard of this saying before. That showing up is key and that you should be doing it.
Despite this being common knowledge, people will decide not to show up. They still would rather get that extra hour or two of sleep than go to the gym or work on a business.
People know they need to show up to succeed. Despite this, they come up with all sorts of reasons as to why they can't show up that day.
It’s the decision to show up and put in the work that is why people are successful. It accounts for 80% of their success.
Keep this in mind next time you want to lean over and hit the snooze button.